Kings & Queens of Content
Content is King
Content is key to building a successful website and social media presence, however it can also be the most expensive and complex part of online marketing.
Starting with content strategy and budget planning, Glenn will show you how to source, license, produce, process, publish, syndicate and make the most of your content… or to use the buzz word: Content Marketing. All with the focus of resonating with your audience.
We will explore four key ways of gaining quality content for your website and social media: sourcing free content; producing your own content on a shoestring budget; licensing professional content; and directing professional content producers.
Then we will get technical and Glenn will show you best practice integration of your content into the WordPress framework and social media.
What you will learn during the day
- Content strategy and content marketing
- Content production and licensing
- Best practice content publishing within WordPress
3 amazing days. You are so talented and generous. Thankyou.
I appreciated the training – delivery and content – it was fantastic. Thank you!
Glenn delivers training that is on-point and responsive to clients objectives. His fluid communication style is engaging and makes learning about technical content easy.
Anticipated Outline of Content
- What is content?
- What types of content areas are relevant to you?
- Introduction to strategic communication – talk to your audience
- Introduction to style, personality and positioning
- Introduction to content planning and management
- Content Marketing and Syndication
- Types of written content
- Seducing people to act
- Writing for web
- Writing for mobiles, tablets and alternative devices
- Seducing people to read/absorb more
- Formating for 1000’s of devices and screens
- Future proofing formating
- Optimising for google
Best Practice WordPress Formatting
- WordPress editing tools
- HTML is your friend
- Best practice Copy and pasting
- Using Styles and best practice typography
- Importing and exporting content
- Bulk page creation
- Using revisions
- Storytelling, emotion, aesthetic
- women and eyes
- what are quality images?
- Image style guide
- Licensing media
- Sourcing free images
- Sourcing low budget images
Intro to Producing images and video
- Mobile phone production Kit
- Landscape, lighting, sunglasses, expression, backdrop
- Directing professional photographers
Preparing images for web – best practice
- intro to photoshop
- intro to free tools
Using images in WordPress
- Uploading images to WordPress
- WordPress gallery/jetpack
- Featured images
- Optimising for facebook
- Adding videos, maps and other fun stuff
- Optimising your content for search engines using Yoast SEO
Glenn’s approach to learning to keep pace with the participants so you will not get left behind.
Hosting and domain supplied
Glenn will provide a temporary domain (website address) and hosting (website home) for you to work on to build your website. Your website can then be moved to your own hosting. Alternatively you can work on your own domain and host and Glenn will help you set thisup before the training so it is ready to go.
Resources to prepare
Glenn will provide a number of resources and readings to allow us to get right into the juicy stuff right away.
Byron Bay images: Rosie Lee; Owl Images: Tony Hisgett, Airwolfhound, Matt Biddulph, kayugee