WordPress and Marketing Masterclass
- Dates: No scheduled dates
- Location: TBC
- Skill Level: Beginner with some WordPress technical experience
- Time: 9:30 sharp – until 5:00
- Max 12 Seats
- Length: Two days
- Money Back Guarantee
- Cost: View pricing here
Building technically sophisticated websites
With the only course like this in the world, Glenn will teach you how to use WordPress as a marketing platform that will produce results. Make beautiful websites that actually work, resonate with your audience and generate leads.
Here is the formula Glenn uses to create beautiful websites that produce results:
+ Strategic planning
+ Divi page builder
+ Sophisticated content
+ Google optimisation
The most popular website software on the planet. The WordPress Accelerator course will take you from novice to awesome at WordPress in two days.
Smart strategic planning
Glenn will introduce you to the advanced methodology that digital experts apply when developing websites and online marketing strategy.
Using a number of “projects” from the group, we will workshop the theories in a fast-paced, engaging way, allowing you to learn the concepts on real-life examples.
Divi, the ultimate visual page builder
Divi is an incredibly versatile WordPress Theme with a Drag & Drop Page Builder that makes it easier than ever to build beautiful WordPress websites.
Build Anything Visually. It will change the way you build websites forever.
Glenn will show you how to source, license, produce, process, publish, syndicate and make the most of your content… or to use the buzzword: Content Marketing. All with the focus of resonating with your audience.
Learn how to plan your Google strategy,
What you will achieve during this course:
- Understanding how to make websites produce results
- Understanding how to communicate with your audience
- Understanding how to convert your audience into leads
- How to make a beautiful website
Glenn did a great job of desmystifying online strategy through experiential workshop design and I feel more than ready to apply the skills I learned from this short yet intensive training. Highly recommended.
Glenn is very experienced and knowledgeable. His training delivers critical skills in digital tools and platforms, and techniques for safe, effective, and creative communication about the things that matter. A very inspiring workshop.
Anticipated Outline of Content
- Defining digital goals
- Target Audience(s)
- Current Audience and Allies
- Network mapping
- Audience research
- Character personas
- Campaign Phases/streams
- Service design
- User journey and pathways
- Central Node
- Website prototyping
- Benefits, not Features
- Digital marketing approaches
- Choosing your social media platforms
- Content marketing
- Data and improvement planning
- Introduction to A/B testing
- Defining ongoing roles and tasks
- How to rank high on Google and search engines
- Google organic and paid search
- Selecting target keywords
- Creating search optimised content in WordPress
- Optimising copy for search engines
- Overview of Yoast SEO
- Psychology + propaganda
- Talk to your audience
- Developing a brand personality
- Content personality
- What is content?
- What types of content areas are relevant to you?
- Introduction to strategic communication – talk to your audience
- Introduction to style, personality and positioning
- Introduction to content planning and management
- Content Marketing and Syndication
- Types of written content
- Seducing people to act
- Writing for web
- Writing for mobiles, tablets and alternative devices
- Seducing people to read/absorb more
- Formatting for 1000’s of devices and screens
- Future proofing formatting
- Optimising for google
Best Practice WordPress Formatting
- WordPress editing tools
- HTML is your friend
- Best practice Copy and pasting
- Using Styles and best practice typography
- Importing and exporting content
- Bulk page creation
- Using revisions
- Storytelling, emotion, aesthetic
- women and eyes
- what are quality images?
- Image style guide
- Licensing media
- Sourcing free images
- Sourcing low budget images
Intro to Producing images and video
- Mobile phone production Kit
- Landscape, lighting, sunglasses, expression, backdrop
- Directing professional photographers
Preparing images for web – best practice
- intro to photoshop
- intro to free tools
- preparing images for web
Using images in WordPress
- Uploading images to WordPress
- Featured images
- Optimising share links/images for facebook
- Adding videos, maps and other fun stuff
- Introduction to Divi. What is it and why it is a big deal
- Cons of Divi
- Divi licencing
- Installing Divi
- Divi Child Themes
- Creating a Divi Page
- Default vs Divi Builder
- Sections, rows, columns
- Exploring Modules
- Using the Visual Builder
- Divi settings
- Divi cache
- Header design
- Custom logo/favicon
- Typography and colours
- Social media
- Custom settings for mobile
- Footer design
- The power of images
- Fine-tuning page design
- Fine-tuning mobile experience
Boost your functionality
- Adding maps, Video and Sliders
- Google Analytics
- Creating reusable design elements
- Using site wide Sections, rows, columns and Modules
- Migrating whole Divi pages and layouts
- Introduction to CSS
Glenn’s approach to learning to keep pace with the participants so you will not get left behind.
Hosting and domain supplied
Glenn will provide a temporary domain (website address) and hosting (website home) for you to work on to build your website. Your website can then be moved to your own hosting. Alternatively, you can work on your own domain and host and Glenn will help you set this up before the training so it is ready to go.
Resources to prepare
Glenn will provide a number of resources and readings to allow us to get right into the juicy stuff right away.
Some previous WordPress experience is necessary. We will not be covering WordPress basics and I recommend you complete the WordPress Accelerator course, which will take you from novice to awesome at WordPress fundamentals in two days.
You will be expected to be reasonably fluent in using your laptop for general tasks including installing software and connecting your WIFI.
The training was in depth, responsive to the groups interests and needs and conducted in a way that allowed for networking & skill sharing.
Im lucky enough to be trained by Glenn in WordPress and online strategy. His training is well structured, practical and caters to a diverse audience, always responsive to their needs and level of experience. I highly recommend his training programs.
Money Back Guarantee
If you have registered early and your circumstances change beyond your control, I will refund your money in full. If you are not satisfied with the training, I will refund your money in full. I am yet to have an unhappy student.
Glenn's business has been running as a Social Enterprise for over 17 years. Most profits go to funding Glenn's community work. We will also be gifting a number of training scholarships for Activists.
Ross House - Jenny Florence Room
247-251 Flinders Lane,
Melbourne VIC 3000,
Morning and Afternoon Tea/Coffee
Coffee and refreshments will be provided and included in the cost.
Lunch will not be provided.
Contact the organiser
We will start at 9:30 sharp and work until 4:30. We will have some breaks along the way including lunch. If you require setup time, or would like to check your email or Facebook before starting we will be there from 9:00.
All you need is your laptop. (Ipads and tablets have limited capability. Please discuss this if you plan to use one.)
Power and WIFI
We have that covered.
We will not train people or organisations that make their money by doing bad things.
Can't make it? Keep updated.
With the only course like this in the world, Glenn will teach you how to use WordPress as a marketing platform that will produce results. Make beautiful websites that actually work, resonate with your audience and generate leads. More information
Byron Bay images: Rosie Lee; Owl Images: Tony Hisgett, Airwolfhound, Matt Biddulph, kayugee